2019 “Zhijiang Entrepreneur” International Entrepreneurship and Innovation Competition is sponsored by Department of Commerce of Zhejiang Province, Organization Department of Zhejiang Provincial Party Committee, Publicity Department of Zhejiang Provincial Party Committee, Zhejiang Provincial Office of the Central Cyberspace Affairs Commission, Zhejiang Provincial Development and Reform Commission, Department of Education of Zhejiang Province, Science and Technology Department of Zhejiang Province, Zhejiang Provincial Department of Finance, Zhejiang Province Human Resources and Social Security Department and Communist Youth League of Zhejiang Provincial Committee of CPC. It is organized by Zhejiang Province E-Commerce Promotion Centre.
A flagship project and an open platform for innovation and entrepreneurship of Zhejiang Province, “Zhijiang Entrepreneur” provide fundings as well as technology and policy support for winning projects, with contributions from local businesses, qualified professionals, specialist institutions, business incubation centers and venture capitals. It is the organizers’ hope that, with winning startups, Zhejiang will invigorate its startup environment and innovation ecosystem, and boost international competitiveness in the Yangtze River Delta with cooperation in fields like digital economy.
- Introduction to European Qualification
Since 2018, “Zhijiang Entrepreneur” International Entrepreneurship and Innovation Competition has set up overseas divisions, with the aim to expand its influence worldwide.
“Zhijiang Entrepreneur” Entrepreneurship and Innovation Competition provides a bridge as well as a stage, to link and to exhibit the world’s most innovative entrepreneurs today. By doing so, Zhejiang will be able to attract talents from around the world and become an international innovation center.
Europe has taken up, without doubt, one of the most important roles in science and technology in the ever-changing world in the 21st Century, not to mention that, very year, tens of thousands of Chinese students study in European countries. This year, “Zhijiang Entrepreneur” European Qualification will be held in Europe and will handpick and introduce excellent high-tech projects to Zhejiang.
- The Organizer of the European Qualification
The association Développement France-Chine will be the organizer of “Zhijiang Entrepreneur” International Entrepreneurship and Innovation Competition 2019, European Qualification.
Développement France-Chine is a non-profit making organization that aims to promote cultural, scientific and economic exchanges between Europe and China and to build a multilateral platform for international cooperation development.
In 2017 and 2018, Développement France-Chine has successfully organized two editions THero Startup contest.
- Entry Requirements
The competition will be divided into two categories: The Growing Group and the Startup Group.
All participants should be non-listed SMEs and entrepreneurial teams from around the world with visions, innovative ideas and intellectual independence.
All participants are required to fill out the application form online and submit the form with additional documents, such as project resume, descriptions, business plan and other related information, on the official website: http://www.devfc.org
- Growing Group Entry Requirements
- Tech oriented SMEs with innovative capabilities and high growth potential;
- With sales in 2018 not more than RMB 150 million;
- Business with good ethics and social image and no records of illegal practices;
- Interested in probing China's market or in settling and developing in Zhejiang, China.
- Startup Group Entry Requirements
- Unregistered company in China
- With ongoing plans of scientific and technological innovations and setting up companies;
- With no less than 3 core members;
- With an interest in probing China's market or in settling and developing in Zhejiang, China.
- March – April 10
The first submission stage.
- April 10-15
20 teams selected for the Semi-Final.
- April 19
Presse conference. Announcing the 20 semi-finalist teams. Start the second submission stage.
- April 20 – May 5
The second submission stage.
- May 6
Semi-Final results: the line-up (9 teams) for the Final will be announced.
2019 “Zhijiang Entrepreneur” International Entrepreneurship and Innovation Competition European Qualification Final.
Venue: Town Hall of the 13th Arrondissement of Paris
Date and time: (to be announced)
- Prizes and Rewards
- The First Place: 1 team.
The winning team of the European Qualification will enter the “Zhijiang Entrepreneur” Grand Final to be held in November 2019 in Zhejiang, China. Travel and lodging expenses will be fully covered by the organizer. The winning team of the Grand Final will be rewarded 50,000 yuan (RMB) and multiple non-monetary benefits and supports for the projects.
- The Second Place: 2 teams.
The 2 teams that won second place will each be rewarded one PARIS-SHANGHAI round-trip plane ticket, offered by the association Développement France-Chine.
- The Third Place: 3 teams.
The 3 teams will each be awarded a certificate of the third place.
- All 9 finalists will each be awarded a certificate of participation.
- The organizing committee of “Zhijiang Entrepreneur” Grand Final will look at the presentations of all 9 finalists and may further choose one or several teams to compete in the Grand Final.
- Judges, Review Criteria and Methods
- Review criteria: Project innovativeness, market competitiveness, team maturity, development prospects in China and suitability for the industrial layout in Zhejiang.
- Judges composed of: French government officials, Science and Technology Section of Chinese Embassy in France, representatives of Chinese-funded high-tech enterprises, representatives of European entrepreneurial institutions, representatives of financial sector, representatives of the Paris Enterprise Development Agency, Chinese representatives of academic and scientific & technological circles in France.
- Methods: In the Semi-Final Stage, judges will, based on contestants' planning and application documents, conduct a remote evaluation and determine which teams will enter the Final. In the Final, every team is expected to give a 5-minute pitch, plus 3-minute Q&A. Judges will then determine the winning teams.
- Supporting Policies for Winners
- Extensive and effective publicity
- Intensive marketing for high-quality project
- Supporting services for whole process
- Supporting services for "Double Hundred" capital
- Targeted supporting services provided by government and industrial parks
- Link to global network
- Sharing ecological resources for mass entrepreneurship and innovation under “Zhijiang Entrepreneur”
- Registered as one of Zhejiang e-commerce projects
- European Qualification Partners
Science and Technology Section of Chinese Embassy in France, Mairie de Paris, Paris Enterprise Development Agency, Chinese academic circle based in France, specialists from the European science and technology sphere, entrepreneurs and startup mavericks.
Xinhua News Agency, China News Service, CRI, People's Daily Overseas Edition, Global Times, Nouvelle Europe, Vision Chine, China Newsweek French Edition, Phoenix Satellite Television, Europe Commercial News, Chinatown News, Le Pont, New Europe, Chinese TV, European Chinese Radio, etc.